Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Happy Birthday to Chad !!!


On Sunday, we celebrated Chad's 28th Birthday here in New Orleans! We had been celebrating Carnival Season all weekend here and when I booked our reservations at NOLA I was careful to take note of the parade routes. NOLA is one of Emeril's restaurants off of Saint Louis in the Quarter. I saw where the route for the parade on Sunday night was going down St. Charles and would end on Canal. I thought we were safe. Ha!! I failed to remember all of the tourists that would be flooding the French Quarter this weekend in preparation of Fat Tuesday. Oh my word! Chad, being the wonderful man that he is, drove us around and around and around and around..... and then we finally found a spot to park at in The Marigny section on the outskirts of the Quarter. After finding this parking spot, we then proceeded to walk about five miles (I exaggerate) to the restaurant. Picture this: We were all decked out for dinner and I, of course, was in my new black croc boots. Not the best choice for a 5k!! We actually had a great time; the weather was beautiful and we enjoyed watching all of the tourists live it up.

Our dinner was out of this world. I've always heard that Emeril's restaurants are overpriced for what you get. However, we'd looked at this menu and it sounded great. Emeril did not let us down! I would definitely recommend going to NOLA if you're ever in New Orleans. Everything we had was good ---- from appetizer to dessert. So, go to NOLA if you have the time. After dinner we took a cab back to our car (yes, it's true) and then headed back to the apartments for cake with our good friends here at Seminary. We had a wonderful time.

Above all, let me say how thankful I am for this man....he is a wonderful husband-to-be and my very best friend. Each day he challenges me to be a better person and to love more fully....he is the best!!!!I can't wait to see where we'll be in the next 28 years :)

No comments:

Post a Comment